Jack and Jill of America is an African-American organization of mothers who nurture future leaders by strengthening children through chapter programming, community service, legislative advocacy and philanthropic giving. We believe every child with proper guidance and opportunity can be a leader. Jack and Jill of America, Inc., is the oldest and largest African-American family organization in the United States.
Jack and Jill of America objectives:
- To create a medium of contact for children which will stimulate growth and development.
- To provide children a constructive educational, cultural, health, recreational & social program.
- To aid mothers in learning more about their children by careful study.
- To seek for all children the same advantages which we desire for our own.
- To support all national legislation aimed at bettering the conditions of all children.
Founded in 1956, the San Diego Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. recently celebrated its 60th Anniversary!